Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BREAD: Attempt #1 for 2010










I feel really positive about this experience. Some of you may not know, but I struggled with getting the bread "just right" last year. When we first moved to the farm in Mount Olive we brought out some of Grammy's original 10 year old starter for the Amish friendship bread that was in the freezer and thawed it out - boom! couple days, bubbles were popping, fed it again in the ten day cycle and it was off!

I feel like on this first attempt of the year, it was a success. I got it done faster than normal, less mess and so much gratitude! The smell filling the house by late afternoon was intoxicating and all I could think was I wish I had pulled out more starter so I could make more bread. All I have to do is wait ten days =)

DOUBLE DOUBLE BATCH NEXT TIME!
Also as you can tell, I'm still learning how to do all this posting stuff backwards. =) Enjoy! Mmmmm, come over soon for a bite of bread, friends!

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely inspiring me to get that starter out of the fridge! much love!

    ReplyDelete